Monitored Alarms - Sussex, Kent, Hampshire, Surrey, London and across the South East
A monitored burglar alarm means the alarm is connected via telephone line or radio network or both to a remote central station for the purpose of monitoring the alarm signals from the protected premises 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Monitored alarms will incur an annual service charge in addition to the installation costs.
Urban Security Systems use Southern Monitoring Services Ltd, which was established in 1983 as a privately owned company to provide third party monitoring services to the security industry within the UK.
Since its inception, the goal has been to provide an unrivalled quality of service, cost effectively and to reinvest the profits in people and technology to underpin further company growth.
As such SMS achieved the first Quality Assurance ISO 9002 certificate through NACOSS, went on to achieve fire certification to LPS1020 through the Loss Prevention Council and finally, went on to achieve the coveted Investors in People Award.
Alarm monitoring service ensures that your intruder/burglar alarm won't be ignored. This is because you're connected to our NACCOSS Approved Alarm Receiving Centre via your phone line, giving you added security, 24 hours a day. What's more, you're not just protected from burglars; we can also help you obtain emergency support when faced with a fire, or if you need the assistance of a key holder.
What you get...
- Alarm Monitoring - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- NACCOSS Approved Alarm Receiving Centre
- Peace of mind - 24 hours a day, everyday.
- Help Desk Support
- Police Response*
- Fire Response*
- Key holder Response*
- Remote Reset on a policed system
- Availability of Engineers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Regular review of security needs
Most insurers recommend monitored alarms
Urban Security Systems can offer you a range of monitored systems to meet your requirements
- Key holder Response Monitored Alarm to which the monitoring station will call your list of chosen key holders in order to attend site.
- Policed Response Monitored Alarm which holds a valid Unique Reference Number (URN) will qualify for Police response. The Police will no longer respond to a bell-only alarm, unless there is additional evidence of a crime being committed
- Personnel Attack/Panic Alarm A 'Personal Attack' signal from a monitored alarm will be immediately policed on a policed response monitored system it helps knowing that help is on its way.
- Red care Classic Monitored Alarm, transmissions to be made on a constant silent basis to our monitoring station via the British Telecom network. Alarm calls received by the monitoring station will be recorded automatically and police service assistance will be requested by the monitoring station.
- Red care GSM Monitored Alarm, transmissions to be made on a constant silent basis to our central station via the British Telecom network and GSM network. Alarm calls received by the central station will be recorded automatically and police service assistance will be requested by the central station operators, in the event of line failure.
- Fire Response Smoke Alarm and Carbon Monoxide Detector, when linked in to your monitored alarm system enable the central monitoring station to call the Fire Brigade if you are incapacitated. The Fire monitoring part of the alarm system stays 'set' even if the main intruder alarm is not 'set'.
Personal attack alarm
Personal attack alarm is sometime referred to as Panic attack alarm. The alarm can be invaluable in summoning help when you are attacked or feel threatened by an intruder or a stranger in your home or at your business. Personal attack alarm can be integrated in to the burglar alarm and may be connected to an Alarm Receiving Centre for Police response in the event of an emergency.
Burglar alarm may be connected to a speech dialler which enables the alarm system to send messages to a combination of telephone numbers (including mobile phones) in the event of alarm activation.
The speech dialler may be stand alone equipment which is attached to the burglar alarm or may be in built in the alarm control panel. Speech diallers may allow for external communication by the alarm system; however they do not make the burglar alarm qualify for police response.